and Outreach and Co-Founder
Suzanne’s passion for helping children who learn differently came through her experiences trying to find a way to help her oldest daughter, who has dyslexia. After much searching, she learned about the Hill Center in North Carolina and found a tutor who learned their approach. The difference in her daughter’s academic progress was so significant that Suzanne wanted all children who had language-based learning differences to have access to a school that could meet their needs, as well. In 2005 she realized this goal and co-founded Hillside School with Kathy Sherman.
While Suzanne has worn many hats during her career history (she has taught parenting, music, and technology, been a school librarian, and a social worker) she is thrilled to be able to lend her broad array of skills to Hillside as the Director of Communications and Outreach. The opportunity to promote the work we do at Hillside and reach out to others in the community who might need our services or support us is deeply fulfilling to her.
Suzanne also enjoys travelling, home cooking, swimming, bird-watching, and hiking.
- How to Get Special Education Services for Your Child
- Neuroscience and Learning… maximizing study time
- We’re Moving!
- What do parents need to know about dyslexia?
- Your Child’s Civil Rights and Section 504
- Improving Executive Functions
- Board Briefing – September 2016
- Board Briefing – August 2016
- Hillside Student in the Spotlight on Colorado Public Radio