*The fee for this event is based on a sliding scale donation, to remove financial barriers and allow all to attend.
Zarlengo Foundation, Hillside School, Boulder Valley Kids Identified with Dyslexia and Untapped Learning have all partnered together to host the 2022 Summiting Dyslexia Together Conference.
12-1:15 pm: Ask the Experts Panel
- Katie Zarlengo, Zarlengo Foundation as Moderator
- Jill Aloia, New Peaks Neuropsychology
- Jeanine Wyer, BVKID
- Story Fisher, Young adult with dyslexia and former Hillside student
- Julie Hagy-Hancock, Child Advocate, Success By Design Education
- Brandon Slade, Executive Function Coaching, Untapped Learning
- Becca Stenzel, Occupational Therapist, Boulder Valley School District Assistive Technology Team
1:30-3: Dyslexia Simulation
Experience dyslexia is a simulation that lets participants experience some of the challenges and frustrations faced by people with language based learning differences. Participants are guided through learning tasks commonly encountered in the classroom or workplace.
School-Aged Children Sessions
Simultaneously, we will be hosting school-aged children in another section of the building for the following sessions.
12-1:15 pm: Success with Dyslexia Panel
Jill Michaud will be moderating a panel of successful dyslexics to inspire students to be able to see the gifts that come along with a dyslexia diagnosis.
1:30-3 pm: Strategy Workshops
Untapped Learning will host a workshop on tips and strategies for school success with students in grades 7-12, while students in grades 1-6 will rotate through interactive stations that explore what dyslexia is and learn strategies for school success.
*Childcare available for Kindergarten and younger.