Thank you for your interest in working at Hillside School.
Candidates must have training and experience related to teaching students with learning disabilities as defined by normal or above intellectual ability with some processing interference impacting skills with reading, written language and math, as well as:
- Knowledge of, and experience with teaching appropriate strategies to enhance skill acquisition (reading, writing, math) beyond college training;
- Knowledge of current neuroscience related to learning in general;
- Knowledge of current research related to dyslexia and dysgraphia;
- Knowledge of the Orton-Gillingham or related approach;
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively with other professionals;
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills.
Hillside School in Boulder, Colorado provides an exemplary half-day intensive academic program for students with learning differences, such as dyslexia, in a 4 to 1 student teacher ratio.
Please supply a cover letter and resume detailing your qualifications to our Head of School, Jill Michaud